Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D PDF's with dimensions.

3D PDF's with dimensions.

I send most of my drawings to shops as PDF's. However, I've wanted to send 3D pdf's for quite some time. This, to me, would be a killer feature as a designer of parts and as a machinist. I've been able to do it from other software, but what's usually missing is toleranced dimensions and a title block. 

In other words, I want a drawing that's 3D. In my mind, it would probably only need one view, because you could rotate it to see any relationship or dimension you need.

7 Comments
Helmi74
Collaborator

Hi,

i think we could use visible dimension labels for 3d space. While there should be no constraint it would be helpful to see how different dimensions change if i change something else without always having to remeasure every single part with the measure tool again.

Don't know if this has already been suggested in another bigger idea post but couldn't find anything.

Frank

Tags (3)
lmooring
Community Visitor

this is a must-have item for me

laughingcreek
Mentor

I agree, we need reference dimensioning in the model space.  I think haveing the option of either a reference dim or a driving dim would be nice also. (reference dimensions in sketches are also needed.) 

Definitely useful.

One thing that annoys me (about Apple, not Autodesk) is that the PDF rendering engine in OS X (and thus Preview.app and quick view) don't support 3D PDFs and I object to installing Acrobat Reader on religious grounds.

carol3dcm
Explorer

Must have

brianrepp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report