Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Parameters - Show quick link to user created parameters

User Parameters - Show quick link to user created parameters

When creating a drawing and using dimension driven parameter I would like to be able to see a quick scroll of the parameter I've previous assigned. If I am working with more then just a few it can get confusing quickly remember exact naming of different dimensions. 

Essentially the process would go like

Start sketch

Draw figure

Dimension

Inculded in drop down menu of Dimension would be user parameters (even better create on from that menu as well).

Line or angle dimensioned

7 Comments
I_B_Jones
Enthusiast

I agree - though I think the "requirements"/suggestion needs clarifying a bit.

Parameter driven design is very powerful - but currently a bit clunky to use.

Currently (2/1/2016) specifying a (User) Parameter name into a Value field etc. is tedious. I've ended up keeping a separate text pad of the parameter names I've created so that I can easily recall them or copy/paste!!! That's crazy.

What's needed is something MUCH slicker at the data entry point. (i.e. at the Value input field).

E.G. EITHER

1. Amend the Parameters form (opened from Modify/Change Parameters) so that
  • It can float open like the Browser pane.
  • It does not need to be closed to return to working on the workdesk. Which means valid Parameter changes must immediately be live, not "Applied" by the User.
  • Double clicking on (or some other quick, easy method) a Parameter Name pastes it into the current Value field position if one is the focus. I.e. the Parameters pane becomes a quick lookup/paste method for entering Parameters into Value fields.

OR ELSE

1. Provide a User Parameter lookup ability from every Value entry field and when entering/amending value expressions. The "Recently Used" is inaddequate.
  2. Add the User Parameters either to the Browser List or to a new List panel and make it possible when entering a Value expression to select a parameter into the expression from the lookup list.

AND (in either case)

1. Make typing into the Value field pop up a list of relevant Parameters as the typed characters infer, with the ability to select from the suggestion(s) or not.
promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you for your idea, this is being changed to future consideration.  We have it in our backlog to be able to expose your favorite parameters in the browser as a way to access them in the model.

Regards,

Mike Prom

Internal Tracking FUS-15813

bverboort
Advocate

All,

I prefer "

"Provide a User Parameter lookup ability from every Value entry field and when entering/amending value expressions."

From above.

list para.png

In addition, We need to be able to declare parameters on the fly by entering them directly in the value entry field such as "LENGTH=6"

Declare Para.png

Best,

Brian

doogin2016
Contributor

I see this thread is over a year old. Anything new on this subject? It would be nice if parameters menu would stay open while entering

dimensions in drawing mode. Is this possible now? Any help would be nice. Thanks in advance.  Duffy

QuinnCampbell
Advocate

Only thing that's changed is that there is autofill for user parameters, so as you start to type if something is similar it starts to fill its self, would still like a drop down option too though.

doogin2016
Contributor

Ya ,I saw the autofill. But I still needed to type the name of parameter before it started to work. I had one parameter named lip and one

name lip height. Until I typed lip height, only lip would show on autofill list. Well one more wish list. Thanks for reply and update.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report