9 Kudos
big_red_frog

Track time actively spent on design

by *Expert Elite* on ‎10-07-2013 06:02 PM - last edited on ‎10-08-2013 09:33 AM by Alumni kat.ingalls

Hi There,

Can Fusion tell you how many hours:minutes have been actively spent on a design?

Assuming it should also be per involved user, as its all about collaboration!

Thanks.

Comments
by Distinguished Contributor bmdesign on ‎10-08-2013 06:50 AM

This is a wonderful suggestion, if only for the resemblance to Battlefield, Mass Effect and practically any true console games.

by Employee on ‎10-08-2013 07:57 AM

That is a cool tool in AutoCAD, I have seen people use it in interesting ways. My high school teacher used it to see how long we worked on a given project, pretty cool. At the moment there isn't a way for us to track time spent (per user) on a design in Fusion 360. I think its an interesting idea. You may want to post it in the "Request a Features" section and have people vote on it. That is one tool we use to gage interest for a given feature for future updates. 

by MarkYoung on ‎10-08-2013 08:08 AM

I'd like to use something like this, so I could track how many kWh it takes me to design something.

I know the wattage of my PC, so I could multiply it by hours.

by Alumni kat.ingalls on ‎10-08-2013 09:32 AM

Hey guys! This *is* a fantastic suggestion. Especially for those who have billable hours, this sounds like it'd be incredibly useful. Have moved this topic to the IdeaStation. Go ahead and hit "+1 Kudos!"

by Distinguished Contributor bmdesign on ‎10-08-2013 10:49 AM

Restrain, please. We do have all kinds of OS specific tools for time tracking.

It's okay to have this somewhere in project properties. Just please, please don't go the kitchen sink road, since other companies make better kitchen sinks. Stick with CAD. Thanks.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎10-08-2013 12:56 PM

I was just surprised it wasnt in there, and thought I was simply missing it.

Not looking for SAP intergration!

Simple fields in Design homepage / properties for hours per contributor would be enough for me, bearing in mind not every user is a corperate with higher layering on tracking.

When it comes to the kitchen sink aspects, just expose it via query API's then if anyone wants to deeply intergrate to work flow they can, Autodesk just needs to present the most basic summary, and doesnt have to second guess anything, nor invest in a corner case that are covered elsewhere.

by Board Manager on ‎10-31-2013 01:52 PM
Status changed to: Under Review

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean