Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck pointer (bug)

stuck pointer (bug)

Another annoying bug that I keep running into but am not sure how to trigger and reproduce. 

Sometimes I'll be editing and then suddenly I lose the ability to navigate. The mouse cursor becomes a dot and it's like I'm stuck in some weird alternate mouse mode and utterly unable to do basic things like rotate the view cube. Occassionally I'm able to break out of that through a long / random sequence of clicks, random keypresses, and language inappropriate for the delicate ears of adults, but most often I have to quit, restart, re-open my design, sacrifice a goat, and pray that it won't happen again before the inevitable next crash (in ~10-20 minutes).

9 Comments

Along the same lines (and probably the same bug) - I occassionally find I'm stuck in a rotation mode where any move is interpreted as a rotation and it's impossible to escape without shutting down and restarting. 

Example: https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/d9267c00-dfa3-4422-af0f-df53bab1eb27

Not a hang or a stability bug but still forces the user to restart the application so it might as well be.

jjurban55
Advisor

I've never had that kind of seize up happen to me (yet, thankfully).  A long shot, but you mentioned using a trackball, does using a regular mouse make any difference?

I assume it does but I don't.

Apple made a very nice trackpad that they include in their MacBooks and that's what I want to use.

Now that you mention it - I actually have a USB mouse in a box but I'm not going to plug it in just on principle.

jjurban55
Advisor

Haha, that's reasonable.  Although sometimes circumstances can tear down our principles and what's reasonable and what not 😉

Nope.

My principles stand.

I don't want a work-around, I want a working app.. and frankly Autodesk should want one much, much more than I do because I'm just a complainy guy who can switch to something else but this is their (potentially flagship) product.

Actually I'll tell you what really bothers me about that. It's morphine. It'll stop the pain and shut me up but the problem will never get fixed.
jjurban55
Advisor

All I know is this is the first time in a long time I'm truly dedicated to learning the ins and outs of a software (and taking notes of what I learn and best practices as I go along for a hopefully super helpful video).  I'm very thankful Autodesk not only has this cutting edge/innovative and mega powerful software (besides CAD I'm I'm just learning CAM as well while finishing a hodge podge CNC machine), but also has the cutting edge/innovative license model that I've never seen before.  The license truly has very good intentions at heart, trying to empower more people instead of only short sighted greed which is otherwise so pervasive, and I'll do everything I can to help insure this model succeeds.  Fusion 360 is not perfect yet (is anything ever?) and some best practices and details really help to know.  But we are the ones that will help this empowering tool spread and succeed, and that's one reason I felt bad you were having some big frustrations.

Awesome wheel robot design by the way, looks cool and also looks super maneuverable. 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report