Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splines that are controlled from vertexes (maybe already exist)

Splines that are controlled from vertexes (maybe already exist)

Would like to have a spline that is controled by vertexes (as shown on image), this are way easy to work with and produces a more "real" shape if designing objects like a hull, or wood furniture that may have curves that can only be build with what we call battens, which are "strips" of wood that bends to produce a curved shape, I have found on my expierence that this are the curves that are more true to the real thing.

I undesrtand we all want something that we use on our workflow but i truly believe splines controlled with vertexes provide a lot of flexibility.

Thanks

SplineParts.jpg

8 Comments
keqingsong
Community Manager

Thank you for the idea submission. This is on our radar and we are working providing this functionality in the next couple of updates. 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

lukepighetti
Advisor

I LOVE splines controlled this way. The normal handles are a real pain in Fusion at times, they are so fiddly when small you have to zoom way in to get any kind of control, and then you can't see your shape!

cekuhnen
Mentor

I think also with CVs you have more influence on a certain part of the spline. the spline handles can quickly change a lot of the spline curvature

and specifically dramatically influence the flow of a curve that has multiple fit points.

Sometimes splines are pretty great in certain shapes but they are not ideal for every task.

lukepighetti
Advisor

My quick video on why I think splines need to be improved. CV control would solve most of my frustrations, I believe.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/4897e238-5f47-44d6-ad76-b64023f7c88f

cekuhnen
Mentor

Luke,

when elements are too close togetehr press and hold the left mouse button.

a pop up will appear with a selection of what is below the mouse pointer!

cekuhnen
Mentor

BTW all this tools are in Inventor.

Felipe.G
Advocate

Can we expect splines that can be controlled this way or is something we won't see in fusion? I need this type of control for the splines, handles can be useful but no when you trying to "shape" and build real "surfaces" based on materials like plywood or metal.

Can't uderstand why this splines were not added to fusion from the get go, is supposed to be oriented to design and fabrication and the way the splines are, is a bit harder to use to truly recreate a true surface that can be build.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report