Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart heal sketches from imported legacy files

Smart heal sketches from imported legacy files

Would it possible to have a smart healing of imported cad data? So often there is incompatible line types or small breaks where sketches won't close due to legacy cad files that are corrupted by previous systems. I think a auto trace over feature would be so nice to import vectore or raster type files.
4 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thanks for the idea - however, this is getting archived due to lack of votes. Ideas with 10+ votes within a month are reviewed by the Product Management team for future consideration. If you feel strongly that this is needed, please resubmit with more detail on why you think this is valuable to Fusion 360 users so that the idea gathers increased support from the community. 

erikj7
Enthusiast

I think this is something that is badly needed.  I currently have a dxf file that came through just fine with regards to CAM, yet when I want to change the design(so I have a realistic looking model) to extrude cut, it will not let me select that part of the drawing.  I have tried the line across trick, but that's not darkening up either side.

I'll have to trace, or use the text, but since it's on a curve and was warped, neither will come out as exact, as intended. 

I have Alibre and the have a Heal feature that works great.  I'd love to see it in Fusion as well, since I think Fusion is awesome!

calebc01
Enthusiast

I need this as well.  I get DXFs and need to extrude them all the time.  When line endpoints don't join PERFECTLY, they can't be extruded.

What's truly frustrating is that writing code to heal a DXF contour is stupid simple.  Manually looking at every.  Single.  Endpoint in a large part is impossibly aggravating.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report