Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concept Sketching / Sketchbook integration

Concept Sketching / Sketchbook integration

The idea is to integrate sketchbook drawing in F360 with two modes, "3D Canvas" and "Blueprint Box".

3D Canvas:

Create the raw form of your design then convert the solid/surfaces in a 3D canvas to draw details and variants quickly on the surface or project lines on it:

The raw form:

Screenshot - 08_10_2015 , 20_47_04.png

The 3D Canvas with some sketch lines:

Screenshot - 09_10_2015 , 20_07_01.png

Blueprint Box:

Create a box with editable dimensions, then choose a face and sketch the monge projection. Do the same with the other faces.
Back in model mode, each face should appear in the corresponding orthogonal view with its opacity control.

Editing a face (The other faces for reference):

Screenshot - 09_10_2015 , 20_32_44.png

The box preview with the sketches:

Screenshot - 09_10_2015 , 20_14_37.png

10 Comments
deddydtd
Enthusiast

I think a function similar "CATIA Natural Sketch Showreel"
but with the potential of Sketchbook or mudbox (painting)

Cattura.JPG

Tags (1)
AbdnAllHope
Advocate

I would love this.  Sometimes you just want to draw on top of a model, or make a mark up, etc.  Other times you start out drawing and just want to make a quick model.  Considering how popular sketchbook pro has become and the fact that the tech is already in Alias I think it's reasonable to have hopes that this would somehow find it's way into F360.

Something like a Sketchbook 360 maybe?

phil

deddydtd
Enthusiast

Yea like a Sketchbook 360 fantastic

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hello all, 

As Kevin outlined in the roadmap for Fusion 360, one of the features we are working on for next year is 2D (and eventually 3D) Paint integration in Fusion 360.  I have long considered this type of funcitonality to be a great tool for conceptual design - which I have to admit is a point of view that is based on my time as a product manager of the Alias product line and SketchBook Pro Smiley Wink.  This feature is in the very early stages of development and I would love to get input from our Fusion 360 community on how this functionality should look and feel.

To that end if you are interested in paint and would be willing to have a discussion on the topic please respond to this forum thread or email me directly colin.smith@autodesk.com.

Thanks!

Colin

Advocate

Fantástic idea for fusion 360😀

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

I'm a big fan of a mixed 2D paint and 3D modeling environments like we did in Alias We will be integrating functionality from Skechbook (paint core).  Release date TBD.

deddydtd
Enthusiast

Any news?

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Advocate

Good news 

AbdnAllHope
Advocate

Answer to a prayer.  In my list of fusion 360 "long shots" this is #1.

Would love to see this get a date on it in the road map.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report