Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show contacts/joints under browser component

Show contacts/joints under browser component

It would be really nice to easily see what components relate to what joints.  I can right-click on the joint and ask to show parts, but it would be really nice to see the related joints under each component tree and the related components under the joint tree along with showing the mating surfaces when the joint is selected in either location.

7 Comments
TrippyLighting
Consultant

I've posted a similar Idea a while back and could not agree more. This does not only apply to joints BTW but all the bi-directional relationships betwenn objects in Fusion. The Browser could be much more informative and powerful than it currently is. 

BLDG_orange
Enthusiast
TrippyLighting,

If you send me a link to your idea request, I’ll definitely vote for it.
keqingsong
Community Manager

I think this makes sense. One way to better organize your joints is to activate your component when you're working on it. This will group all your features, sketches, and joints within that component, making it more clear to see which joint belongs where. 

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

HellfireHD
Explorer

Any progress on this?  I have a model with tons of joints and could really save a lot of time by being able to click on a component in the window and have any joints associated with it also be underlined in the browser.

rapiddsol
Enthusiast

What does future consideration mean exactly??

conan.jpg

araugh
Enthusiast

Voted on this as I came to request the feature myself. I'm in the process of transitioning from Solidworks to Fusion for my business and while Fusion's interface and methodology destroys solidworks at the component level (except for the hole wizard) the general clunkiness and difficulty Fusion has with assemblies larger than a few parts is really holding us back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report