Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing parameters

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
1279 Views, 13 Replies

Sharing parameters

It would be great to share parameters between parts, much you can in Inventor.  

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just to clarify... Assume I have Part A and Part B.  From Part A, I'd like to be able to link to Part B's parameter set.

Message 3 of 14
haughec

Hi Justin,

You can currently use the same parameter to drive multiple components within a single design.  For example, you could create a single design with a gear component and a shaft component, and you could reference one "SHAFT_DIA" parameter to control the diameter of the shaft as well as the diameter of the mating hole in the center of the gear.

Early next year, we plan to add the ability to associatively insert external designs - you'll be able to insert a one design into another, and the parent design can update if the inserted design is changed.  When this is possible, we'd like to allow parameter sharing.

Thanks,

Charles 

Charles Haughey
Fusion 360 User Experience Architect
Message 4 of 14
haughec

Charles Haughey
Message 5 of 14
haughec

Charles Haughey
Message 6 of 14
haughec

Charles Haughey
Message 7 of 14
promm

Justin,

What Charles stated is true you can share parameters in model that contains multiple components.  As far as inventor goes you have to use the iLogic functionality to have part parameters equal each other.  At some point we will all similar functionality, however it is a large project. 

Cheers,

Mike Prom

Message 8 of 14
cameronangus94
in reply to: promm

So we're halfway through 2016, can we share parameters between different models yet? I really want to use Fusion 360 for a project but i'll have to use another package if i can't link parameters between separate models.
Message 9 of 14
promm
in reply to: cameronangus94

@cameronangus94,

While working is being done to support sharing parameters in our architecture, the functionality is a ways out.  I have prioritized the ability to reference driven dimension and other parametric compute work in our backlog first.  Once completed we will work on a solution to this workflow.

Regards,

Mike Prom

Message 10 of 14
wesleyK873R
in reply to: promm

I am really looking forward to this!!

Message 11 of 14
it4DXGV

This is still not implemented in 2023.

Is there an update on what you have planned for this feature?

Message 12 of 14
g-andresen
in reply to: it4DXGV

Hi,

just take a look at this Tutorial by @jhackney1972 

günther

Message 13 of 14
TrippyLighting
in reply to: it4DXGV

@it4DXGV wrote:

This is still not implemented in 2023.

Is there an update on what you have planned for this feature?

Can you specify in detail what you are referring to with "This" ?

"Sharing" parameters can be done with functionality in Fusion 360 as you can derive parameters from one component into another.

However, what many users are asking (not knowing what exactly they are asking for)  for is a function set called Configurations. That does not exist in Fusion 360 yet, but the developers are working on it and we might see first public releases by the end of this year.  

Peter Doering
Message 14 of 14
it4DXGV
in reply to: g-andresen

Thank you!
The tutorial linked provides an adequate work-around for my workflow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report