Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripts must be made more accesible

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tarjeik
515 Views, 5 Replies

Scripts must be made more accesible

Just started playing around with the API. The scripts need to become more accessible for this to be useful. Currently you have to click File -> Scripts... -> Find your script -> Run -> Rinse and repeat. It would be much better if the Scripts could be added as a dockable window in the application just like the Browser and Activity Feed. An alternative could be to add the Scripts in the toolbar.

Quick mockup below

f360-embedded-scripts.png

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
charegb
in reply to: tarjeik

Hi,

I'm very glad you are exploring the API and want to have a quicker way to access scripts. I'm making this for more comments to see what other users think.

I'm sure we can do something about this using community feedback.

Regards,

Bankim

Message 3 of 6
tarjeik

You forgot to change the staus of this request if that was your intention Bankim 🙂

I realise the API is in it's infancy, but as a bare minimum it would be nice to have the scripts dialog not automatically close when you run a script.

Message 4 of 6
charegb

Message 5 of 6
robduarte

I agree - especially if you want users to develop interest in scripts... currently it's enough of a hassle to open a script, try it, look at the code, maybe compare the js/python versions, close it and go through the whole process again to try another one. Something like the dialog that the original poster mocked up, maybe. I'd actually prefer just a cascading menu (with categories/submenus being available) under the file menu...

Untitled2.png

Rob Duarte
Associate Professor in Art, Florida State University
Co-Director FSU Facility for Arts Research
http://art.fsu.edu/rob-duarte/

Twitter | YouTube

Message 6 of 6
keqingsong

Scripts and Add-ins access have been added to the toolbar for easier access. 

scripts-addins.png

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report