Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scale referenced components

scale referenced components

I would find it exponentially useful to be able to scale referenced components.  Here is an example of why this is important.  With the advent of medical 3D printing and its use in prosthetics, referencing components such as joints and then scaling them up and down for different sized people and growing children is something Fusion 360 does not seem to support.  Breaking the links of these joints does not suffice, as any changes to improve the joints' designs will not populate each size of prosthetic and will need to be manually replaced, which is prohibitively time consuming.  Please consider implementing a scale function (uniform and non-uniform) for referenced objects.  If this functionality exists, I would love to know how.

Thanks!

-Chris

4 Comments
abecedarian
Contributor

It would also be helpful to know if this is something too incompatible or not economical to implement so that I can direct my efforts into an alternative solution.

Thanks again!

-Chris

abecedarian
Contributor

More thoughts about this...

The ability to run many operations (not just scale) on top of a referenced component cold open up a lot of opportunities.  Adding simple cuts into reference components would be excellent.  The designer would understand that any changes to the original model made might cause failures in post operations like this.

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for your idea, this is getting archived due to lack of votes.  Work is being done to add additional functionality to referenced components.  Including, but not limited to deep update, in place edit, replace and derive asset.  Once in place edit is implemented you can have parameters drive the size of a model including referenced components.  Having a parameter driven model to change size is different than scaling and that is why this is being put into archived instead of future consideration.

Regards,

Mike Prom

babacarc
Community Visitor

Yeah, it would be nice to have an option which allow user to scale down or up parts instead of going back to the sketch to make changes whitch means all of the features added to it will be redo again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report