Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename Joint Origin instances

Rename Joint Origin instances

Hi There,

Can we please have the ability to rename joint origin instances.

When inserting parts into a design, and using the browser to select joints, if I have multiple joints for various important embedding / connection points, then I cannot tell which is which from the browser.

So for example if I had joint origins I had renamed to "surface flush" and "On surface" then my assemble joint workflow via the browser heirachy would be far easier.

Thanks.

5 Comments
lure23
Collaborator

And Construction Planes as well. These are really the same thread (can anyone merge these two together?).

Oceanconcepts
Advisor

Yes, agree with Asko, these are the same basic idea.  We should be able to rename any feature we would realistically want to find and enable/ disable.  It's "hunt and click" for these in the browser. 

Ron

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

keqingsong
Community Manager

Thanks for the submission man - as of now, in respect to everything else we are working on, this topic has not been a priority in our development sechedule. With that said, it is a vaild idea, and we encourage the community, as well as the original author, to give this and other topics kudos since the more kudos  a topic gets, the more we take that topic into consideration. 

As a side note, we are also working on improving the IdeaStation itself, with better categorization and filtering, so that users can have a better experience voting for the ideas that they value more, and have an easier time finding topics to vote for. We'll keep you posted!

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

http://autode.sk/1Msas8C

Cheers,

Mike Prom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report