Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the "always save on close" option from the close dialog

Remove the "always save on close" option from the close dialog

When i close an unsaved file in fusion the save dialog pops up. Let's say i accidentally hit the close button and don't really want to close so i would hit cancel in the save dialog but this leads Fusion360 to close without saving. I think this is no good User experience.  The reason is probably i once hit "always save on close" in the confirmation dialog that normally appears when closing. I think it should not be possible to suppress this dialog. This dialog should be responsible for the action that happens and should tell that clearly: save, close without saving, cancel (don't close).

3 Comments
JamieGilchrist
Autodesk

Helmi74,

this is a bug that seems to be persistant on the Mac builds of Fusion.  the intention is as you expect.  You should have a Save, Don't Save and Cancel option here, where Cancel closes the dialog, but keeps your work.  Don't Save closes your work without saving it. and Save, does what it's supposed to do, allows you to name your work, select a location where it saves to and keeps it.  I have logged this to get it addressed.

best,   Jamie

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

Since this idea was created we have added the ability to save and close to the options.  This allows users to save what is being worked on and close as soon as the save is complete, preventing any loss of data.

Cheers,

Mike Prom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report