Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect project data

Protect project data

I learned today that there is nothing in place to stop a collaborator from deleting all parts in a project. I see this as a major oversight that compromises the collaborative aspect of Fusion, which seems to be the pivotal reason for it being a Cloud service.

I would like this to be fixed ASAP. Even something as simple as requiring file deletes to be project moderator approved would work for now.

Discussion: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/general-fusion-360-questions/fusion-projects-and-creative-commons-mit-...

9 Comments
charegb
Community Manager

Hi Luke,

As I mentioned on the forum, today's projects are a "circle of trust". All members have full access to data.

We understand the need for a new stakeholder role that can to see your design so they can view, comment or  copy and work on it themselves without full access to your master version.

This is work in progress and should be in the product in late summer / fall.

Thanks,

Bankim

lukepighetti
Advisor

Hi there,

I don't see it as only a trust issue. People using software do stupid things. Right now one of those things can be to delete files inside a project with no way to restore or prevent this from happening.

daniel_lyall
Mentor

this is a important issue I would say human error is something that needs to be controlled so a master file that is updated  by the project leader would be a safe way to do it

Totally not a trust thing (though roles and fine grained access control would be great).

Maybe even more than half of the point of version control is to give you a safety net when you accidentally do stupid things.

If I accidentally delete a file that's in Git, I can go back and checkout the last version. Minimally the same should be possible for F360.

daniel_lyall
Mentor

there is nothing worse than accidentally deleting something you have been working on I surpose one way around it would be the files stays on the A360 drive and you go to the A360 drive to update the file or have a second comand in fusion for updateing to A360 

charegb
Community Manager

All really good points.

I think the ask that deleted data can be recoverable like in GIT or other data management systems is something we need in the short-mid term. I'm adding this to our backlog, conside this part accepted.

The putting in a moderator approval for each delete seems to be overkill to me right now but I'll leave this part of the question open for more comments.

Thanks,

Bankim

charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装済み

lukepighetti
Advisor

It's not a question of overkill or not, it's a question of what Fusion team can impliment in a short timeframe.

Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 8.13.55 AM.png

Daniel_Graham
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are working on 2 things that will help resolve this issue.

The first is Permissions and the other is Trash / Recycle Bin.

Thanks,

Daniel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report