Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project decal consistently across multiple faces

Project decal consistently across multiple faces

I may have missed something, but I do not seem able to map a decal (or material pattern) in a consistent way across multiple faces. I would like to be able to do this for my following project. There are a number of situations where this ability would be desirable.

Currently, the material pattern / decal is confined to indivdual faces. At the moment, I have compromised by tiling the pattern, but it's not really the effect I wanted.

Cocktail-umbrella-pat-RQ1.jpg

5 Comments
brucehuang
Alumni

Now there's a decal command to let you place an image which can across multiple faces in a consistent way. You can have a try.

decal_cmd.png

tgallyot1
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply. I have experimented and used the decal tool with success for other models. It works well for a single body/component consisting of multiple faces. However, in this situation, it is not satisfactory.  My project has multiple bodies adjacent to each other, assembled with joints. With a modeller such as Trimble SketchUp, there is an option to align an image, then project & drape across multiple faces and components.

My example requirement for consistent decal across multiple faces:

cocktail-ani-pat-001a.gif

cocktail-ani-pat-002.gif

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thanks for the suggestion @tgallyot1.  I'll have the rendering team look at it.

Colin

hutchij
Alumni

Hi, can you share your model with me. It will help me to prototype your request. 

john.hutchinson@autodesk.com

John

don.engel
Explorer

Hi Colin! I second this request for sure; I am trying to drape a logo across a container model that has raised sections down the side:shipping_container_2019-Mar-18_04-27-35AM-000_CustomizedView37370333230_jpg.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report