Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedural patterns

Procedural patterns

Patterning with formulas like in rhino is not for everyone. It would be cool to have an easy way to create patterns that can follow the curve ( curved surface) and change size . I know I ve posted about parametric modeling before and some one gave me a workaround but having a simple way to do this would be awesome. Am I right ?

8 Comments
cekuhnen
Mentor

Actually this would be quite nice.

In Rhino i used grasshopper a lot for such designs.

But I am not sure if they wll ever integrate such tools in Fusion.

I've heard from Carl that they've at least done a bit of it internally.. no idea if that'll ever become availiable to the plebs though.

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Anonymous
Not applicable

A specific tool in fusion would be great. What about the consideration? Is it on the rail?

Thank you.

KirillChepizhko
Advocate

Another example of how it would be useful

eac59a1c17ea73e2cb3bb32f3c4eaecb.jpg

zevster
Advocate

This would be an amazing addition.

Would this require a whole new Workplace? Is that why there hasn't been any update?

Can we just start with a "bare bones" version that allows instances within Model patterns to have variable scale/rotation/distance?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any progress with this? This is a key modeling feature that could take this program to new heights. 

brent.car
Participant

I am looking everywhere on how to best do this sort of thing in Fusion. Very useful for many applications. Yes Please.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report