Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please as 'Edit' to HUD menu

Please as 'Edit' to HUD menu

I always expect to be able to right click a part and get the edit option. Putting it in the timeline is good but I find there is a real disconnect between the items in the time vs browser vs the actual part. I think this highlights a bigger issue in the interface paradigm but for now just give me edit when I right click a part! Since parts in the timeline arn't named I have to memorize where the part is just so I can go back and edit it.

7 Comments
Damon360
Enthusiast

OF course that should read "Please add 'edit' to hud menu"

haughec
Autodesk

To clarify, you'd like to be able to edit features (Extrude, Fillet, etc) from the model, rather than selecting them from the timeline, correct?

Currently, you can access features from the model by using the Select Other tool.  Click+hold on the face of a feature that you'd like to edit, choose the Parents tab from the pop-up dialog, select the feature that you'd like to edit from the list, and then select Edit from the right-click menu.  Please let me know if this helps. 

Thanks,

Charles

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: 実装済み

Damon360
Enthusiast

That seems to work for fillets but not much else, and clicking holding, selecting parent etc. is messy and a pain. My expectation would be that it works the same as right clicking an item in the timeline. Right clicking a body or element would give you the same edit options as offered in the timeline. Examples: Right clicking a t-spline body would offer an edit option thats opens it in sculpt mode, on an extruded part it edit would open the extrude dialog, on a patch surface it opens in the patch environment, on a sketch the sketch environment, on a draft surface the draft dialog, etc.

Really I think that the paradigm of model, sculpt and patch having to be entered and exited as separate environments is very messy and does not need to be apparent to the user. All bodies and elements should simply be editable with a right click or double click, having the appropriate or applicable tools appear when needed. Right clicking or double clicking another part would then switch the focus to it opening it's tools. double clicking the background returns you to the base mode which now seems to be model mode. I'll also try to address mode switching paradigm in a separate feature request.

The paradigm of clicking and holding on an element is not at all discoverable. I've watched every video I can find and I still seem to have missed that. I will eventually address this with a drill down paradigm in another feature request.

I would be happy to discuss any details for clarity.

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

colin.smith
Alumni

Archived due to lack of votes.

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report