Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place multiple holes at once on sketch points.

Place multiple holes at once on sketch points.

Sketch based hole pattern or in other words the ability to locate multiple identical holes on sketch points or references with the hole menu open.

Screencast

7 Comments
TrippyLighting
Consultant

Somehow the sound is missing in the last section of the sreencast. The sentence that I started" it would be even better..." was cut off.

What would be even better if at that stage you could already select the part of the hole that is to receive the tread, so you would not have go through a click orgy after creating the pattern.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

This will be in our next update.

TrippyLighting
Consultant

Now THAT is awesome! Thanks!

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

We are happy to report that this was made available in Jan 2014 update.

TrippyLighting
Consultant

Very Nice. Here's a ltiite; screencast of how it works:

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/f215f198-e667-4129-b107-5d351603567a

Notice that the "OK" button never highlights. The "Enter" key, however, completes the commnad.

rada.mar
Enthusiast

great implementation! it's been a while that I've been thinking about this I had so much work before designing with many holes.. 

jsargentina7
Explorer

Does anyone know if the multilple holes will be perpendicular to the surface it is cutting into? For example, if I want to have a bunch of holes that are evenly spaced on a complex curved surface, could I just select the points on that surface and all the holes will follow that surface or will they cut the same direction as the first hole?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report