Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS X Keychain integration

OS X Keychain integration

Fusion 360 seems to forget my username and password quite often. It'd be great (and just standard practice) in OS X to allow integration with the keychain to store that stuff so that users aren't tempted to use simple or common passwords for their accounts.

6 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager

Scott;

First, you should only be asked to  log in after you log out or a 14 day period. So i'm first concerned with that problem.I know you are using OS X, do you ever access using windows?

As to keychain integration, I'll be frank and say we are reluctant to do this.  Even adding the remember me option was a controversial move as we discussed the security concerns internally.  The convenience of not having to log in is nice, especially if you have been having stability issues, as I know you have.  But this does open the opportunity for some users to open themselves up to other people using their laptop or computer and getting access to their site.

For labs and students, or places that share computers this risk is greater.  We do want to make the tool as friction free as possible, but also want to ensure we help people protect themselves.

I'l bring up your suggestion with the team here and we will discuss it more.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装済み

I hear what you're saying but things like keychain actually improve security.

On a public machine, someone should never use it and they should be given the option and warned about that but when it's a secure machine, password managers let people easily use unique passwords and change them regularly while forcing people to enter passwords every time encourages reuse or the use of weak passwords (or both) which are much greater security risks.

AbdnAllHope
Advocate

I agree with Scott on this.  Keychain is very secure (and is percieved to be very secure).  It allows for much stronger passwords, without having to remeber them.

I have not experienced the login issue described here though so there may be something else at play.  I have only had to log in after having logged out on purpose or after a fresh install, but not after a crash or normal open close activities.

phil

Oceanconcepts
Advisor

I also tend to agree with Scott. I have not needed to manually log in unless I go to my laptop and haven't used it for a while, this is consistent with what you say about a 14 day limit- which seems reasonable. I use Keychain quite a bit for the reasons given.  I work on a big iMac, it's at home, and I don't worry about anyone else accessing it. 

Ron

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea