Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to switch RMB hold function between Gestures and Orbit.

Option to switch RMB hold function between Gestures and Orbit.

One thing I miss from numerous other 3d programs is the RMB orbit. In Fusion the RMB is for gestures. I find these far less useful than being able to quickly rotate around my scenes to access what I want to see and work on. In my ideal universe this would be a switchable option in prefs. Right-click to get menus, hold to orbit. 

Having all screen navigation with only the mouse is one thing I really love. MMB Pan, Scroll to zoom and RMB to orbit.

8 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装済み

We actually are considering something different.

RMB hold is a big part of the marking menu behavior and was not something we have considered allowing to change.

We were however considering allowing one to swap the Middle mouse button behavior and let you choose if the default is pan or orbit? Would this help at all?

smeggy
Advocate

My idea wouldn't change marking menus as they are accessible with a right-click. Holding down brings up gestures, so the action is already split from the marking menus. All I want is to replace the behavior of the hold down from gestures to orbit. Of course, if you were planning to modify all that anyway I wouldn't know what those plans are.

Anyway, yes, for me orbitt would be better than pan as I can zoom in and out to locations I need to get to. 3D Connexion really needs to start building space mice into keyboards 😉

smeggy
Advocate

Ok,  this isn't getting any traction so how about a MMB + LMB hold to orbit in a similar way to how CATIA does it?

anonperson
Advocate

"Ok,  this isn't getting any traction so how about a MMB + LMB hold to orbit in a similar way to how CATIA does it?"

YES.  Please do that.  The current controls when used on my Cintiq feels wrong.  Having to hold down keyboard buttons in order to just do basic viewpoint changing is bizarre (to me), when other programs allow this just using one hand (holding the stylus).

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Archived due to lack of votes

Scoox
Collaborator

Well I'm new to Fusion 360 but I feel that if there was an option to configure the Right Mouse Button to orbit, I would use that option. I have tried the right mouse button gestures and, while they do work, they don't offer the precision of a keyboard shortcut. I have used, at most, the gestures for undo and redo, but out of habit I tend to use Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y. I don't even know what other gestures are available. However, I find orbiting is an action I am constantly performing, so I would rather have that on the right mouse button without the need to use modifier keys.

This is just my opinion, the key is to make it optional, because I'm sure some users love gestures.

Scoox
Collaborator

The LMB+RMB thing would have to be optional, as on my system I use that combination with AutoHotkey to perform actions that work system-wide not just in one app (it basically brings up a kind of floating start menu wherever the mouse pointer is).

In any case, can we have a poll? I mean, how many people actually use RMB gestures?

Scoox
Collaborator

Just submitted a feature suggest on Idea Station, please vote if you are interested: Right click for orbit & disable gestures  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report