Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Offset on curved faces

Offset on curved faces

This idea is pretty much the same as allowing sketch operations on curved faces. Just hope this gets some attention 

9 Comments

Patch mode -> Create -> Offset

Or did you mean offset of a line or curve in a sketch on the 2D manifold of the surface ? That's definitely not there but would be awesome.

KirillChepizhko
Advocate

Yes patch option is there but its not very convenient moving between modes for simple stuff like that. I did mean offset of a sketchline yes.

Yeah I totally agree re: patch and the 2D manifold sketching thing would be amazing

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: ć‚Ŗćƒ¼ćƒˆćƒ‡ć‚¹ć‚Æä»Šå¾Œę¤œč؎

colin.smith
Alumni

Hi @KirillChepizhko

Can you show me what the result of this opperation would look like?  I want to make sure I understand your request.

Thanks

Colin

KirillChepizhko
Advocate

Untitled-1.jpg

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Skeching on a curved surface is in our backlog currently. Offset is a next step. Release date TBD.

moth3r
Enthusiast

It's just crazy that's not yet implemented. Really there is nothing special about "inset" as it exists in any other modelling package just not inside Fusion. I am not even interested in workarounds considering how much time you loose in addition. Especially, when you know that's one click > solution inside Moi3D.

On example, this was not fun to model at all considering my model is based on the inset/offset paradigm. I hope it will get addressed soon all considered. Thanks! 

ivan-santic-joypx-dual-ribs-tactical-a02.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report