Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer calibrate canvas tool to automatically center an image

Offer calibrate canvas tool to automatically center an image

Simple reqwuest, but one that would save me time:

When you attach a canvas/invas to model against, you then go in to "calibrate" the canvas based on real world measurements.  My suggestion would be to add on option to the calibrate tool that says "Align the canvas to an axis to the midpoint of the measurement".

Right now, one has to eyeball the canvas as having its midpoint exactly on any given axis...when you are turning on symmetry and modeling it can become apparent that the attached canvas is slightly off, and you have to go in an readjust.  When you measure the canvas, take the midpoint of that measurement and align it to a selected axis, and all those issues are solved.  

Thanks!

2 Comments

Seriously this /\

I had to eyeball our logo placement for some injection molds.. they're (relatively) cheap (a few k$) and these were always meant to be temporary / cosmetic for prototyping, but it's still frustrating and annoying that the thing is off-centered.

IMG_1125.JPG

herzinj
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thanks nkloski.  We were actually just discussing this and that it needs to be worked on.  I have encountered this, and a few other "oddities" with the way canvasing works.  Being able to easily center these would be extremely helpful (great example by Scott below), so look forward to this being added in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report