Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd characters in password "disables" Fusion360 login

Odd characters in password "disables" Fusion360 login

Hi,

First off, thanks a lot for Fusion360! I see great potential (although there are currently many issues on the Mac version and I can't see how you can actually require one to pay for a totally unfinished software).

An issue I'd like to report is that if you enter odd characters when loging in (e.g. !"#€%&/()=?><) the login window will be replaced with an HTML page with a redirect link which leads to an Internal Server Error. See the attaches screenshots. From here you have no navigation to return to the login, but to quit Fusion360 and try again. (You can actually use backspace to move backwards, but that's not really obvious) I believe the same thing occurs if you try to create an account this way.

4 Comments
TrippyLighting
Consultant

A. This is not really the correct area to post a problem.

B. What version of Fusion 360 are you using ? Did you download the AppStore version, or did you use the web version from the Autodesk website ?

I remember having problems with the login with the Appstore version as well and replaced it with the version from the Autodesk websie.

0bbe
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I apologies if this is the wrong place to post issues, but I couldn't find a bug reporting form. If there is any, please redirect me and I'll happily remove this post (if I can).

I'm using 2.0.1365 according to the About-screen. I downloaded it from Autodesk website today, although I have the same issue on my other computer where I downloaded it some while ago (first from App Store and then from Autodesk website - same issue on all).

I don't have any issues otherwise with login, except that my standard password contains some of the troublesome characters and I tend to enter that password automatically.

(a) above is not at all obvious to me.

The entire login dialog is weirdly broken. This crosses over into another idea but it'd be trivial to make it integrate with Keychain and other password management tools that encourage people to use stong passwords but it seems that someone actually went actively out of their way to break that basic functionality.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This should be fixed. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report