Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Holes

Multiple Holes

Provide an ability to place multiple identical holes at a time.  Would be great to snap them to a sketch, or snap to other features on a body.  Actually, it would be truly awesome to snap coincident to bodies other than the active body.

6 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選
Yes, great suggestions. When you first the hole command you can pick a single sketch point to place it. When you have the position manipulator active you can select edges of other features (on the same body) to locate the hole. But the points you make are great suggestions and we definitely can make this A LOT easier.
dsp39
Advocate
Cool, thanks for the tips. My most common use case is when I have clearance
or tapped holes on one body, and I want to align matching clearance or
tapped holes in another.
schneik-adsk
Community Manager

Yeah, I run into that too. We will get that fixed asap.

rada.mar
Enthusiast

this will be a great feature, speacilly when you make a pattern and want to make holes on the vertices.

Now, you always need to reclick on the hole function, and reedit the diameter and depth, is too much repetive work for something that can be easy implemented.

haughec
Autodesk

Thanks for the input.  An update: we've started work on the ability to place multiple holes on sketch points.  This is being tracked internally as FUS-5737.  I'm hopefult that this will be available shortly after the first of the year.

Note: a duplicate Idea Station request can be found here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/125/article-id/1723/comment-id/2804

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

We are happy to report that this was made available in Jan 2014 update.

You can now use sketch points to define multiple locations of the same hole in one feature.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report