Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More advanced text features

More advanced text features

I would like to see more advance text features.

Like adding text that follows a spline, edge or line.

And options to mirror text en align text.

type-path.gif

See for example the solidwork text tool.

solidworks_tutorial_text_06.png

32 Comments
MichaelAubry
Autodesk

Hi  Maikelg,

Great request.  In the short term, if the program you created that image in can export to .SVG that format can be imported is something that can be imported directly into Fusion. I understand your request to have more robust in-application text maniupation, but I've found inserting SVG files to be a great way to also accomplish the task.  Just start a sketch and under Insert you'll see the option to insert an SVG file.

Best!
Mike

maikelg
Participant

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the Tip!

Can you tel me when the 2D CAD/CAM feature is coming to the Mac app store version of fusion 360 ?

Thanks,

Maikel

maritza.ga
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

Hi Mike,

I completely see the need for this improvement. I have added your request to the backlog. Once we prioritize I will let you know when you will be able to see this feature implemented.

Thank you,

Maritza

j_elmar
Explorer

I do agree that "Text" is missing out in whole process. There is also need to add features, like superscript and subscript.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We have a number of issues on Text.  I'm flagging them all for review.

Advocate

This issue is very important to be evaluated for fusion, if autodesk want to offer a design and development together. I don't like to send a dxf to graphic designer, when I can solve it myself much faster. I hope this issue can pass the next level quickly.
Thanks
Gilberto

Steinwerks
Mentor

I have been wating since the CAM 360 beta testing period.

bmxjeff
Collaborator

Can I get an Amen!!!  

Coscor_NPL
Advocate

This is surely needed! plus mirror text!

Create text along a path in sketch mode.

And a function to change the letter spacing.

Tags (5)
Steinwerks
Mentor
ptthompson
Explorer

Another temporary solution, for certain cases, such as engraving a headstamp on a rifle cartridge case head, is to use multiple text boxes, each with a single letter in them. You can then use various construction lines and curves, along with coincident constraints, to align the text to the desired path.  Complicated and takes a long time, but you can do it all within Fusion.

Gravelle
Explorer

I know this has been brought up but I would really like to see "Text on a curve" become a reality.  I keep having to go back to SW to do certain engravings.  I know there are ways to do it in F360 but it's more time consuming than its worth.

Big_Mak
Advocate

Any word on this.  it seems to be a feature lacking in this package.  I find the whole go to another software package to do this and import it to be a cop out.

Adam.dunn52
Observer

Would be a very nice addition and something many other tools lack.  Very useful for adding part numbers, revision numbers, and other general information for injection molded parts.

fuso152
Participant

I'd like to be able to apply text on a surface along a curved path of my choosing (circle or spline). 

CaseySandnas
Community Visitor

Any progress on this? I currently have several designs that need text on curves and i am using far too much time typing individual letters to create words that follow a path. Really do not want to resort to SW for this.

rayfikes
Community Visitor

I would like to see more robust text application and be able to reverse the text in a bi-planar manner. Even if the text is applied to follow a vector it still needs to orientate at the users command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report