Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make DWG and SVG editable

Make DWG and SVG editable

In Fusion imported SVG or DWG data is more or less static when you deal with curves.

Because Fusion has no CV spline this workflow option is not possible but seriously should.

Below is just a simple dudle done in AI and exported as DWG. Because Rhino has CV curves I would have no problem

adjust geometry if needed.

Screen Shot 2015-03-08 at 4.54.01 PM.png

8 Comments
cekuhnen
Mentor

And of course I meant to write: Doodle not dudle ...

yoshimitsuspeed
Advisor

Maybe I should have posted my own idea but this seems pretty closely related.
It would be very nice if there was a cleanup lines feature or something that could take the crazy SVG lines and turn them into something more acceptable to F360. Perhaps with a slider for acceptable variance or something.
Just tonight I was trying to make an extrusion off an SVG but due to the shapes of the curves F360 will not allow me to fillet, chamfer or draft the edges.

cekuhnen
Mentor

thats true - I guess the you might need a refit command or so. Rhino however would suffer from the same. If the SVG is fragmented it will remain fragmented.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

colin.smith
Alumni

@cekuhnen - I assume that Rhino is doing a CV curve fit to the AI curves?  

cekuhnen
Mentor

@colin.smith I am not 100% sure but I think that is a fair assumption they they refit the AI bezier cure with a CV curve.

Rhino can load AI native or a DWG export.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This has a dependency on having CV curves in Fusion, which should be out this year.  Once we have that we can look at this request. 

bbd2
Explorer

Yes PLEASE! Better curve editing support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report