Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep track of modelling time

Keep track of modelling time

One nice feature would be that F360 keep track of the time passed on modelling a 3D model. I think this could be useful for freelancers using F360 or teams that work on a project and have to determined how much time they have spent on a project.

10 Comments
davoque
Enthusiast

Great idea. Would be best if it tracked active time, rather than just the time that the model was open in Fusion.

lukepighetti
Advisor

And a ratio of active vs total time to show efficiency!!

Actually that could totally get someone fired... haha 🙂

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

JonSchaeffer
Collaborator

It would be cool if while starting a job for a customer. That I could start a Fusion 360 clock for that particular job.

It would keep tabs on various things like...

Total time on job (This would be just a simple stop watch recording until I hit job complete)

Actual labor time (This would record actual labor time of the keyboard or mouse if there is no activity then it will not record)

file size (This displays file size as it is being built)

Key Strokes (Displays actual key strokes of that job)

This is just some suggestions on the model side of Fusion there could be more display options on the timer for the CAM, SIMULATION, ANIMATION, DRAWINGS.

Something like this would be great for quoting, or seeing the efficiencies of the work being done by employees.

Tags (3)
odolyte
Advocate
keqingsong
Community Manager

This would be a perfect API project. I suggest posting your ask in the API section our forum. 

djeilonomer
Explorer

it will be great to have some kind of time counter that can show the hours of work on a project - there is a lot of designers that payed based on their time they worked...

so.. based on mouse  moving or modification that going on - the timer will know to count the time 

Tags (1)
El8ias
Advocate

This is a great idea! a tool to track project times so we, the designers, are able to provide better more accurate deadlines estimates.

date of creation through all hours spent from sketch to delivery would be great! 

SMottaghi
Contributor

This is what I've been thinking about for sometime now.

I think a great way to implement this, given the collaborative nature of Fusion360 as well as its popularity with freelancers, could be simply recording time spend working on a design and version changes by user directly into the project calendar. This might be even possible through a Script? or a macro?

Thank you Fusion Team for your consideration.

goran_G
Contributor

I have a time tracking app but it can't track files in the cloud, so it is essential that Fusion has the ability to do it on its own...time to revive the discussion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report