Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep constraints dialogue box open while I sketch

Keep constraints dialogue box open while I sketch

I'd like to have the ability to keep the constraints dialogue box open while I'm sketching. It's great that I can keep it open and apply multiple constraints one after the other, but often I find I need to add some sketch features, and then I have to go click on back to the constraints. Jeez y'all, that's like two clicks and a hover. 😉

9 Comments
cekuhnen
Mentor

a constraint toolbar or pull down might be great!

michaelpgeyer
Alumni

Great suggestion David, seems like it would be a great addition.

smeggy
Advocate

I was goint to submit this myself as it drives me nuts having to keep opeing the dialog.

MichaelAubry
Autodesk

Hey David, 

We're set to do a new round of sketching optimization for the next release. Great suggestion.

haughec
Autodesk

Great suggestion.  Good new - we're working on this now!  The constraint command will soon be replaced by a persistent "Sketch Palette" which will be presented whenever a sketch is active and will allow you to apply sketch constraints at any time without the need to invoke a separate command.  The palette will also include sketch-specific toggles, like grid snapping on/off and the ability to slice the model at the sketch plane to better view your sketch.  I'm hopeful that this will be available just after the first of the year.

Thank you,

Charles

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

smeggy
Advocate

Big Thanks!

yoshimitsuspeed
Advisor

Also ctrl Z should undo the last action, not close the box or exit out of that function before undoing.

JamieGilchrist
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report