Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increment / decrement values by up arrow / down arrow?

Increment / decrement values by up arrow / down arrow?

It's kind of frustrating to me that Fusion doesn't (yet :>) support incrementing/decrementing numeric values with the up/down keys (and the position of the object being updated after each keypress).

Screenshot below should show what I mean. 😉

keyboard increment decrement idea.png

There is an archived old request for a similar feature here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/change-numeric-input-with-arrow-keys/...

In that Idea though, it seemed the OP wanted a pop up window or something.  That's not what this Idea is for... I just want all the existing numeric fields accepting up/down keys for changing the value.  Using a mouse wheel to scroll them up/down faster would be useful for mouse users too.

12 Comments
nogeelen
Enthusiast

Agrred 100%.

But this should go even further.

The number fields should really support various inpurt methods:

- direct numerical input (obviously)

- up-down arrows

- scrollwheel

- dragging left/right by mouse

- touch dragging/swiping 

and maybe even - why not? - voice recognition via google/siri/cortana.

Norbert

nogeelen
Enthusiast

Just to ammend my previous post:

- up down arrows meaning keyboard arrow up/down aswell as clickable up/down arrows in the input field.

See the Foundry's modo for what I mean.

On a second thought, the proposed dragging mode might be redundant with existing input method.

Norbert

anonperson
Advocate

@nogeelen That sounds like you're over complicating it. 😉

Don't get me wrong... I would have no problem with all of that being implemented.  But I'd also (personally) be happy with just up/down arrow keys too. 😄

Martinurello
Contributor

An increment amount setting is definitely necessary... I mean.. A 5 mm increment for fillet is to much.

anonperson
Advocate

@Martinurello Good point. 🙂

tom_eriksson
Contributor

I want to use arrow key to pan view in sketch mode. I dont like to click pan everytime i must move the view.

jjurban55
Advisor

This would be really helpful for controlling the section analysis plane while looking straight on.

haughec
Autodesk

Thanks for the suggestion.  This is a good idea, but not something that we plan to invest in immediately.  Marking this as a Future Consideration.

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

jamesrichardcoyle
Participant

Can this mimic Chrome dev tools way of doing this? Arrow increments by 1, ctrl+arrow by 100, shift+arrow by 10, and alt+arrow by 0.1.

snorriv
Explorer

I think this would partly solve a big problem I am having. I do a lot of iterative design based on a couple of sketches. A big change of dimensions in the sketches usually results in broken relations and failing to update while incrimental changes seem to work fine. I have been solving this by changing dimensions in incremental steps. This is consuming a lot of time (sometimes 20 steps and waiting on updates in between.

v.matey
Explorer

Ok, so this feature has been marked as future consideration for over a year and a half now. Any chance of it actually getting implemented? It's pretty basic stuff, and I thought Fusion was all about the user's comfort and open approach to development...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report