Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghosting a Body

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
eric.strebel
990 Views, 6 Replies

Ghosting a Body

I would love to see some sort of a ghost feature in Fusion to be able to see through objects. See attached example from Form Z

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cekuhnen
in reply to: eric.strebel

Totally agree fusion needs more object shading types on a per object basis

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 3 of 7
eric.strebel

Really a good thing to be able to look past an object or behind and object. Incredibly useful!

Message 4 of 7

There are several ways to do this now. If the object you want to see through is a component, right click on it in the browser and chose Opacity Control. This tool only works at the Component level, but it’s good practice to use components to organize your designs. You can also make components non-selectable if you want to see them as just a reference. 

For individual bodies where you don’t want the entire component to be transparent, a workaround is to apply a material that is transparent or semi-transparent. 

And if you Activate a component you are working on (right click the radio button in the browser) all other components will become ghosted. 

I agree that more alternate shading types that could be applied to individual bodies would be useful, these are just some workarounds. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 5 of 7
brianrepp

Message 6 of 7
cekuhnen

@brianrepp 

Hi Brian - I somewhat disagree that here a solution is provided.

Full component ghosting is possible - check.

On a per object body basis Fusion cannot offer the same function - solution not provided.

Using a transparent material as a workaround is a dearly bad workaround for so many reason because it just adds unneded labor managing and reapplying materials forward and backwards.

A simple trans check box would be faster better and honestly the professional way to do it.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 7 of 7
eric.strebel

I agree, changing the Opacity Control is not a good work flow. Gohsting the object to a neutral grey would be much better work flow, it would be great to see through an object and not have it affected when you do an operation to other objects around it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report