Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 layout and home interface.

Fusion 360 layout and home interface.

The homepage layout doesn't flow quite like I would expect it to. I'm use to file tree layouts where the file folders (projects) are on the left and individual files on the right. Additionally, I imagine wanting to do one of three things once opening Fusion 360 - 1. New project/ design 2. Open/ import a file 3. Reopen an existing project/design. 

1. The new project/ design buttons seem disproportionally small for the amount of time I'll be using them. 

2. This is no where to be found on the home page and required me to find a tutorial on the forums to figure out how to do so. I like the drag and drop feature but another button should be added for this direct purpose. 

3. Reopening existing files is great, but could there be a way for me to change the size each button takes up? I'm a very visually focused person and like to see all my content at the same time. The act of scrolling to find things is annoying. 

It would also be nice to have a global preferences button on the home page. I currently have to open a design to change a setting that effects all my files- like autosave.

4 Comments
dillonzwick
Contributor

Also. When I drag and drop files to import, they don't show up until I do something to change the screen. E.g.. Changing from tiles to list view or going out of the project folder and reopening it.

keqingsong
Community Manager

Hello dillonzwick, thank you for addressing your concerns. All 3 requests that you just mentioned will be fullfilled in our official product release coming late June. You will be able to create, import/export, and reopen/manage you files with much more ease, along with many other collaborative functionalities did not exist in the beta version. You will be able to try the official release free for 90 days after you've signed up, so it will be great to get your feedback then as well! 

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選
We have a lot of feedback on how to make managing designs easier and there will be a redesign of the home page for Fall that will address your concerns. It is a bit of a ways off but should relay help with what you are asking for.
charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report