Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal and developement

Sheet Metal and developement

would be much apreciated!

250 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装予定
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Oceanconcepts
Advisor

There should be a merge or link option for ideas that are closely related, but not maybe duplicate. If ideas are truly duplicate- as many are- probably the older should take precedence.

This idea is a broader concept than just sheet metal tools, sheet metal being one subset of flat pattern design.  It is apparent from the comments in the two ideas that users are not exactly thinking of the same things- in my opinion both ideas are important.  

Ron

benjorgy
Explorer

This would be fantastic.

I'm really after something exactly like Inventor's Wrap to Surface (within Project to Surface) where you can wrap one or more 2D curves or points onto a selected face while preserving the curve length. We already have Project to Closest Point and Project Along a Vector in Fusion; just missing this one!

Example application: projecting a logo onto a complex shape while retaining the correct dimensions.

Bestillsicsu
Enthusiast

Please yes! Add sheet metal functionality! I'm going to buy Fusion 360 now at the current low price but with sheet metal I could justify full price! 🙂

victorcortez
Participant
is very essential to the herramintas of sheet metal For Design cash
victorcortez
Participant

sheet metal
You need to design the melting plate 160 is one of the most important resources today for the manufacture of metal from both folds and metal despliges pra create designs and import them into laser cutting and bending

Tags (1)
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Duplicate

keqingsong
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting your idea! We've had many sheetmetal requests and is something we're looking into for future releases. Please put your vote into this idea: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/sheet-metal-and-developement/idi-p/44...

Felipe.G
Advocate

Basic Sheet Metal Bend tool will help a lot and avoid jumping from one software to another, Thank you!!

bverboort
Advocate

Felipe.G,

Looks like it's on the roadmap for April(ish)

See the Roadmap Blog post here...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-differently/fusion-360-and-fusion-360-ultimate-roadmap-into-nex...

Best,

Brian

Felipe.G
Advocate

Thank you bverboort, Is great to see that, I'm really liking the software and i can see myself using it as main tool but for what i design i do need the sheetmetal kudos to Autodesk for having this on plan!

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
JamieGilchrist
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

we are under way working on this.  As Kevin outlined in the Fusion 360 Roadmap, this is a longer lead project.

FranzVeits
Participant

Yes, sheet metal! I'm actually surprised there is not a sheet metal function.    Id like to be able to draw a 3D part and then convert it to sheet metal ( there is a shell feature ) and then flatten the drawing so we can get dimensions for bend lines and be able to save it as a DXF when its flattened out....basically just like SolidWorks, I absolutely love SolidWorks for its sheet metal features

Felipe.G
Advocate

Is there a timeline set now for sheetmetal, at least simple folds and unfolding of part?

folkda
Contributor

Need to have the following to be a Rock-Star like sheet metal mode.

1. Design in 3D is a must - it allows a user to quicly design and modify their design. *

2. Add flanges using a sketched flange. if you want a hole in the flange you can add one or make a funky shape in one command.

3. Have good diagnostic tools - e.g. show the edges in red that can't be flattened and give reasons why. Normally a user doesn't have to concentric arcs and therefore the actual thickness of the sketch is not uniform. 

4. Killer feature would be to design in 3D in sheet metal mode - I haven't seen this yet in Pro/Creo, or CRAPTIA.

*We use CrApTIA (CATIA) at "work" and people design in the flat - what a huge waste of time. Because 99% of the time we are putting the bent part on the unit not a flat part. I have seen people spend HOURS tweaking the flat pattern when if designed in 3D. I am a firm believer in Shown dimensions. Shown off the model - Because that should be/represent the design intent. Especially if a group wants to go paperless.

I am a seasoned user of Pro/Engineer & Creo. PTC's Sheetmetal is not as forgiving as CATIA.

keqingsong
Community Manager

We are currently working on a plan around sheet metal since this has functionality has been highly asked by our community, in and outside of the IdeaStation. We will keep you posted on our Roadmap blog when we have more details. 

keqingsong
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report