Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Fill face with pattern

Fill face with pattern

Am I missing smth or this doesnt exist yet ? It would be nice to be able to select any face and fill it with a pattern. Pattern on a path and square parth dont cut it for me 

11 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This does not exist today.

What kind of arrangements were you hoping for to fill the face. ? Radial? Equal spaced?

KirillChepizhko
Advocate
I would say filling a face with equally spaced bodies would be the most needed one. It would especially be useful if it worked with curved faced
AronGari
Participant

Coming from using Solidworks at my last job I was really surprised to see no fill pattern tool in Fusions 360. I just wanted to voice that I too would love to see this feature added as it is one I used pretty frequently. I look forward to the day it is added as it cuts a large amout of time out of making custom perferated sheets or weight reduction of part; which I use both often in my designs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this feature would be perfect for making a grill for a car

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please let us know when this feature will be added to the roadmap. I, too, could really use this for the same reasons that John (previous commenter above) mentioned and was surprised to find that it is not available. 

Thank you.

madengineer13
Advocate

Yes, I would use this as well.  Just ran into this again today.    Ideally equally spaced and radial would be nice to combine in the same tool.  If I had to pick only one though, I would go with radial.

Thanks,

milo.mmg
Observer

I would also love this feature. 

kmilam
Enthusiast

Ditto - need this as a feature.

Matt2VTBC
Contributor

I would also use the feature for mesh. 

NateAGeek
Participant

This is needed!

teamS3DB5
Observer

Any update as to when this will be implemented?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report