Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM - MATERIAL SELECTION TO ADJUST FEEDS AND SPEEDS

CAM - MATERIAL SELECTION TO ADJUST FEEDS AND SPEEDS

Whoever coded the CAM speeds and feeds knew what they were doing.   I almost never tune feeds and speeds when cutting aluminum.  Great job.  Would be very helpful if we could get a material selection menue that throttles the speeds and feeds based on the material you are machining.  Plastic increases feeds and speeds by 50%.   Aluminum is good.  Steel, we throttle back 50 - 75% and slow down speeds and feeds and step depths.

00.jpg

Keep going, great stuff.

Pat Conarro/Founding Partner 
DFMXpert: Tooling & Technologies
8 Comments
dirktheeng
Advocate

The CAM Feature would be a totally one stop feature if it had a feeds and speeds calculator.  Currently I use GWizard from CNCCookbook.  You can enter in the depth of cut, tool engagement, material, tool information, and how aggressive you want to be in the material removal and it will calculate a feedrate and spindle speed for your cut.  I have found that the GWizard feeds and speeds calculator is very accurate and keeps me from burning up or breaking my tools.  The calculations are not complex and one could easily integrate a feeds and speeds calculator into the CAM within Fusion 360 that could automatically set (with manual override of course) what the feed rate and spindle speed should be.

Having this feature within the CAM would make Fusion 360 CAM a killer program.  I wouldn't need to use any other program to get to gcode from a part drawing.

herzinj
Alumni
Status changed to: 実装予定

fonsecr
Autodesk

Hi,

The tool library is currently being extended to handle materials to allow for adjusting feeds and speeds accordingly.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装済み

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

raducoc
Participant

Indeed, a very useful feature. We need other set of feeds and speeds for different wood types materials.

pbmachine
Participant

It would be helpful if cloud tools could be saved with a feed/speed for that material and potentially for a set machine as I work with a few different mills with different max RPM/IPM. That way the same cloud tools could be pulled and used easily for a variety of cutting applications. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report