Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explode and Assemble

Explode and Assemble

A tool for showing exploded views of an assembly including step-by-step assembly animation (ideally with an easy way to notify the user where components would have to pass through each other)

11 Comments
lure23
Collaborator

Seconding. 

But what do we mean by 'assembly'?

Components that are tied together by welding (upcoming) or joints?

When importing, there's the possibility to import "assembly" (which I think means gathering multiple files at once), but these don't produce an assembly inside Fusion 360. I.e. the brought in parts are not tied together.

It would be great for the team to be coherent in the use of terms. It makes it easier for us users to grasp our minds around the product. Thanks.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager

An assembly refers to any collection of components.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd love an explode assembly view. I often assemble progress images to send to my colleagues and being able to say select a few components (or an entire assembly) to explode would be a great feature.

I am looking toward the purchase of a Keyshot license for more polished rendering and animatics though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We got the Keyshot trial.. it's nice but given the price and the simplicity of what I'm looking for, I'd much rather just have it integrated into Fusion 360 (there'd still be room for third-party high-end rendering systems, but it'd be nice to explode and assemble while designing and something built-in would be necessary for interference detection).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree... something functional within Fusion would be great, especially at critical stages during design process

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager

Hi All,

Have you tried out the Animation workspace yet? There's a variety of Explode tools, as well as the ability to manually transform components in an assembly to create instructions, marketing animations, etc. 

Here's an overview video and some help content. 

We are currently working on building a bridge between the Animations and Drawing workspaces so that exploded views can be leveraged for patent drawings and mechanical drawings as well - this is slated to be released in November.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for or if you have other questions.

Best,

Timera

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Have you tried out the Animation workspace yet? There's a variety of Explode tools, as well as the ability to manually transform components in an assembly to create instructions, marketing animations, etc.
Haven't but will do, Timera. Thanks, ~ S

Oh wow yeah that's perfect 😄

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report