Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing view rotation

Drawing view rotation

I would like the ability to rotate a drawing view. Sometimes an object is too long to view vertically on a landscape drawing. The ability to rotate the view in these instances would be useful.

Thanks

14 Comments
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

@WSEast Great feedback, thanks for posting it. I've added this item to our backlog for review of future implementation, and I agree it would be a useful feature.

Best,

Timera

FranzVeits
Participant

Has this been added? I'm trying to rotate my drawing. I modeled it from the bottom view but in my drawing I'd like to rotate it around 180* 

AmishSolanki
Advocate

Any vote for drawing rotation. When I'm placing a part in isometric view, the top side shows properly, but the bottom side is always upside down.

FranzVeits
Participant
Also in ISO views, my edges that have a radius are all funky looking. Like it doesn't show a radius. I know I post on problems about the software, but I do like the software and what it has to offer. Just trying to help on small things.
g-root
Community Visitor

It would be swiggity swiggity sweg to rotate views

DSO1981
Explorer

I needed to rotate as well. What worked for me was to get the view I wanted in the model environment and set that as home view. Then in drawings, when selecting view, I selected home view. May help you out.

tannerknight24
Participant

This would be great, i was about to sumbit this idea, but looks like someone beat me to it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ability to rotate by any specified amount including reverse angles.

Sometimes I have to rotate by say 12.5 degrees in solidworks to make a line horizontal for 2D drawings.

EB553
Contributor

I'd like this feature too.

AutoCAD_crazy
Enthusiast

Yep, Definetly need to rotate drawing views.

also, what about having a section displayed on a different sheet than the plan view for example ? I'll try

brower
Participant

Me too! need to rotate views...

EB553
Contributor

Seems like a basic feature sorely lacking.

jdolecek
Participant

This is killing me. The drawing package is the only thing holding this software back from being a flexible professional option. Please hurry! Help me Autodesk, you're my only hope. 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report