Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance & Angle Chamfer bug and improvement

Distance & Angle Chamfer bug and improvement

Hi,
Rather then I create a thread for each possible bug, I decided to just compile all of them here instead.

Distance & Angle Chamfer bug
https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/8def7f34-b479-4e33-8711-bbe6ddfe0f50

I just can't get all of them to be as what I drawn in the sketch, sure I can mirror the chamfer to do the work, but why can't I just select which side the distance 10, should be?

My suggestion is to add something like a flip button on the lines we chose, so if the program didn't get it right, the user can just click on the flip button and it'll technically be the correct orientation.

Thanks

4 Comments
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

This is not a bug, this is how the angle in distance and angle is designed to behave. 

O.Tan
Advisor

But look at this, because I can't select which plane I want my distance to be, Fusion gives me this kind of results which to solve it requires way more steps. Other CAD softwares like SolidEdge requires the user to select which plane/side for the distance to be, so it'll compute the angle correctly.

Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 9.53.07 AM.png

Amenotepia
Enthusiast

Nothing on this after one year?

O.Tan
Advisor

Sadly this is not a bug, it's definitely a chamfer tool limitation but looks like it'll not be receiving any updates 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report