Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard: Refine the import process, please

Dashboard: Refine the import process, please

(some additional thoughts came to my mind besides the where to put imported files to i already suggested here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Fusion-360-IdeaStation-Request-a/Upload-directly-into-selected-folder/...

I wonder if there's a way to switch this of already but as i regulary import files into Fusion360 i get treated by this rather often.

Importing files most of the time works great which is fantastic of course and is caused by a great importer - kudos to the team for that.

But. Whenever i import 10 files i get:

- 10 "Alerts" telling me everything went well (sic!)

- 10 Emails telling me everything went well

- 10 PDF import reports in my activities timelines in the dashboard telling me... well.... quite nothing (but at least that everything went well).

In the single cases where imports failed i got:

- Alerts telling me that the import failed without giving a reason

- Emails telling me that the import failed without giving a reason

- PDF reports... well you got the point, right?

Could this be done anyhow smoother or is there probably a hidden switch to "avoid" this situation?

I personally would be totally fine with the progress bar only. The idea of the progress bar is great as you could roughly estimate how things are going. The icon changes its color if any progress is going on and i think you could also find a visual solution (like a colored exclamation mark inside the icon) if something fails. 

I could completely go without emails, alerts and pdf reports. I'm fine with the reports if they just live inside the file details but i don't need them filling up my activity timeline.

After all: Less is more. period. 🙂

4 Comments
sanjay_jayabal
Autodesk

One of the changes we are making for the next update is to turn off PDF reports, E-mail and Alerts for successful translations.  I agree with you about the lack of usefulness of the report for failed translations (in terms of not providing reasons for failure).  However, in the case of assembly import, the report actually does provide missed references (parts not found), although there is no indication of any failure in the progress bar.  If we turn it off, you would lose this information.  Is that acceptable?

best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal (Autodesk)

sanjay_jayabal
Autodesk

Example of the assembly import that was not really successful.

sanjay_jayabal
Autodesk

AssemblyTranslationReport.png

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report