Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Array feature

Create Array feature

I would find it really useful to be able to take an object and make an array of it. For example, I'm making a chocolate mold, and now that I've designed one chocolate, I want to make an array of them in a grid so that I can make several chocolates at once.

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind, this is already a feature but it's called Pattern instead of Array.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This already exists.  Look under the "Create" feature, and there is an unsuspecting little side-menu that says "patterns."  Click on it, and you will find the option for circular or rectangular patterns.  Click the object you want to pattern, click the axis about which you want to create the pattern (for circular patterns), and viola!  You're done 😄

-John

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Zero__
Contributor

It seems to, but I just wanted to double check - can I "pattern" components in an assembly? Say I have some screw components in a rectangular pattern, instead of inserting and jointing them in place one at a time, can I bring in one, position it correctly using joints (we called them Assembly Constraints in NX, but seems to be the same) and then use a Rectangular Pattern to put the others in place.

Will this have any unintended side effects?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report