Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context sensitive selection filters

Context sensitive selection filters

When woring in an assembly that contains components and selecting and moving stuf using the viewport it is very easy to move a body within a component and that is usually not what you want!

To avoid this you can go into the slection filters and turn the Bodies selection filters off, so then when you sleect geometry in the vieport you really slecting a component and not a body. I bet this confuses many users coming from traditional mechanical engineeering softwares e.g. Solid Works, Solid Edge, Geomaic Design ad can lead to quite some frustration.

Here is a screencast that hopefully explains that a bit better.  

2 Comments
O.Tan
Advisor

bla bla.png

Basically, to avoid moving the body in the component and I guess to make selection the component I want more bearable, I'll turn off all the selection filters except components. That way it'll function exactly like how it usually is in traditional mCAD models. I'll turn back on when I need to use operations to use it.

Note that if you use tools like measure or push pull, it'll have its own set of selection filters, so that what you deselect in this one wont influence the selection filter in the push pull command for example.

And also that with the current set up above, you can't select a face to push pull, what you can do instead is to open the push pull command and you'll be able to select the faces you want. Somehow I find this way of doing things gives me back some control.

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for idea - this is getting archived due to lack of votes. If you feel strongly that this is needed, please resubmit with more detail on why you think this is valuable to Fusion 360 users so that the idea gathers some more support from the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report