Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Construction Lines in 2D Sketch Mode

Construction Lines in 2D Sketch Mode

Having come to Fusion from 15 years of Autocad Im really missing the 'construction line' feature.

These were the dotted lines that you were able to draw and move to aid in 2D sketches

My work around is to draw regular lines and then have to go back and clean up the mess but this is time consuming

Could construction lines be implemented into the Sketch side of fusion 360?

7 Comments

Hey gr4eme,

Construction lines are there although maybe a bit hidden. Draw the lines (circles, arcs, splines). Select the line then right-click and select Normal/Construction to toggle.

Hope it helps.

Patrick

gr4eme
Contributor

Thanks Patrick,

Feel free to remove this idea as now i know where they are it solves my problem

promm
Alumni

Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 11.30.13 AM.png

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

trevpearson1
Community Visitor

Hello, I am learning this new and on the first set of tutorials. It asks me to make construction lines, but when I select and right click, that is the only button missing from that drop down menu. 

Help?

By the way it the functionality the same for Mac as PC. This all seems very unintuitive...

Thanks

Trevor

promm
Alumni

@trevpearson1,

The option to convert geometry is in the sketch pallet, it is the top button in the image used in my last post.  The sketch pallet will be the same on both a PC and Mac.

Regards,

Mike Prom

aspurbeck
Explorer

Feature Request:

In Fusion, its difficult to select a line some times and convert it to construction.  I think the construction line option is easier to use in Inventor where you can select 'construction' and draw as a construction.  Way easier IMO.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report