Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COLLADA export

COLLADA export

Right now to export a Collada file for use with many other environments, include Apple's SceneKit framework, you need to export .stl, move it to MeskMaker, make it a sold, and then export it. The pieces are all there to integrate it directly, even if the export is cloud based
13 Comments
herzinj
Alumni
Status changed to: 実装済み
Could you please provide me with a little more information on Collada, similar formats and where and why this file format is needed? We haven't heard this request yet, but I am open to hearing more about it and looking for input and votes from others to add it in if necessary. Thanks! James
sanguish
Advocate

Collada is a widely used and common interchange format for 3D files. Your Meshmaker product supports output of it from an STL, but there is degradation going from Fusion to STL to Meshmaker solid to Collada.

I'm using it for pulling designs into SceneKit on iOS and OS X.

Other Autodesk products use it as well. 

Collada is non-profit and described here  https://collada.org/

JavierSaavedra
Contributor

I'm a teacher, and our students are working with Fusion 360. We are using iBooks to create interactive presentations, and they require the 3D models to have a collada file. Now, I know I must export the stl file, put it in Meshmixer and export it there. However, we need to create more than 200 files!  This is going to take a while. We wish Fusion 360 incorporate the collada protocol for future use. 

helloarchy
Observer

Sorry for the bump, but I just wanted to chime in and add my upvote for a collada export. Fusion 360 is a beautifully simple modeller and I'd love to use the models I make in it in other applications too, ie games and simulators. 3Ds and Collada are the two most common support 3D model formats I know of, and Fusion 360 supporting their export would really make life simpler for myself and many others like me.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Our translator does not support this today.  

Archiving due to lack of votes.

millhameister
Community Visitor

I'm also very interested in this format being supported. As DAE is what I normally import to my other software. At the moment I can't even see there being a obj format even. Are there any plugins for other formats? 

MartinMajewski
Advocate

I am also very interessted in this export feature!

I like working with Fusion 360 because of the modelling-precision, but I would also like to export my models as poly-modells for example for scene kit on iOS / OS X. For this purpose I need a Collada daz / dae exporter and I don't want to use detours over other applications.

Every other Autodesk poly modelling tool supports Collada, so should also Fusion 360!

Upvote!

niklas.skoldmark
Community Visitor

I'm also very interested in collada export

davidleech
Community Visitor

Another vote from me for enabling collada export

2020204ZBNFR
Community Visitor

Collada export please!

Swany42
Explorer

Collada Export please. I'm building Augmented Reality apps using iOS SceneKit. Would love to use Fusion 360 for the modeling. I will be making a lot of assets so a direct export (versus multi step translation) is required.

pletzj
Community Visitor

Upvote

debordem
Observer

Upvote

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report