Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cleaner uploader

cleaner uploader

There are two upload options in F360

Capture d’écran 2014-06-28 à 10.33.41.png

I grant that the difference is (fairly) obvious but I've more than once hit «upload data» without thinking then had to go back and import CAD data. It seems that it'd be trivially easy to merge these and autodetect MIME type or file extension and automagically «do the right thing» with the files (worst case you run the importer on a CAD model that someone just wanted to upload to their 360 environment and you still let them download the original file).

Obviously not a huge thing but if you can clean up the UI and save people a few cycles thinking about which option they want, why not ?

I've spoken with some people on the F360 team about this but it seems annoying enough that I thought I'd throw it out here to see if it bothers other people or if it's just me being easily irritated.

5 Comments
Helmi74
Collaborator

I totally agree that the upload process is unhandy as it is now. Additionally the fact that both uploaders offer different comfort and UI is kinda strange.

I'd suggest the following: Make it only one uploader (preferably the one from the upload now, not the import so you can select a target "folder" to put the files in. And give the user the option not to import the selected files but upload only. Thanks to modern possibilities you could have these files uploaded inline the dialog and make a checkbox next to each file (if it is a CAD file format) to import or not import. Endless nice possibilities 🙂

charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討
We hear you loud and clear. We need to improve this and remove the confusion between upload and import.
charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

The new Data Panel experience in the Sept update this week has streamlined upload into a single action.

Awesome / thanks !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report