Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaner Interface: Folder for features

Cleaner Interface: Folder for features

Hi,

i think the features in the treeview could really use their own folder like sketches, construction and bodies. The treeview get's completely cluttered on bigger assemblies when the feature lists grow and you often completely don't need them. Which is great for sketches and others should be there for features, too. 😉

5 Comments
Oceanconcepts
Advisor

I posted this same suggestion back in July: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Fusion-360-IdeaStation-Request-a/Browser-improvements/idi-p/4350699

The length of the browser is one of the least efficient things about Fusion- it gets really ridiculous in large assemblies, or if you make multiple iterations in the same drawing- several times my screen height. And the scroll bar is really tiny and easy to miss, despite there being room for a thicker one. 

Also the inability to rename construction features is a problem with the browser.

Helmi74
Collaborator

Oh, just kudoed your old one. It's a shame nobody cared about that for a year. Not even a reaction from the team there. 

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

schneik-adsk
Community Manager

As we move to the hybrid "direct & timeline" design environment there are no longer features in the browser (mostly).

But there are still al lot of parts and assemblies.  

Based on this ask and others, we have added folders to the timeline first. Lets then see if generic folders in the browser for parts continues to be important to the community.  As an aside we are working on work geometry naming too. It is already in our dev build for the next update.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report