Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break all subsequent links & Break all selected links

Break all subsequent links & Break all selected links

Right now we can break links but when the break the link to an assembly we also need to go into the assembly and break each subsequent link manually. While that provides a great deal of control it's very inefficient when one wants to move even a mildly complex design from one project into another.

We need to be able to:

1. "Break all subsequent links" and
  2. "Break links of all selected components"
13 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager

Is the objective to move a distributed design to another project? 

TrippyLighting
Consultant

Yes, that's what I intended to do initially.

However even if there would be a better way in the future - unless there is one that I simply dont know 🙂 - to move a complete design from one project into another that would retain all these links the suggested feature enhancements would be nice to have as they are just a natural extensions of what's already there.

At some point in time you may just simply want to break links for other reasons and having a few comfort functions that help you do so eficiently  aren't a bad thing.  

schneik-adsk
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying we will track this as against the latter case. The first is a case we need to solve without workarounds.

harold
Observer

Is there any chance this is still under investigation? I have a assembly with over 100 links. Do I realy need to break all of them manualy? There are links to subassemblies that have links to parts.

Regards,

Harold

much links.png

tima123d
Advocate

Maybe if there was a selection type for just projections, then I could drag over them and then hit delete?

I'm so frustrated with them, I just want to switch over to redoing the calculations by hand in my sketch, but there are a lot to get rid of.

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

@TrippyLighting,

Work is being done to move a distributed design from one project to another as Kevin mentioned.  This is being changed to accepted, to set expectations I want to make sure it is known that this is a larger project that has just got on its way.  

Regards,

Mike Prom

TrippyLighting
Consultant

Awesome! Thanks! 

Yes I this clear to me the this is a complex undertaking!

neljoshua
Advisor

Excited to see this implemented.

I agree that this is needed--breaking each link individually can be time consuming.

-Nick-
Advocate

I also have designs I'd like to expose in other projects and which contain hundreds of links.  I would be happy if, on copying a design to another project, I was alerted that links would be deleted before hitting OK.

Has there been any movement on this?

core3D_tech
Participant

Any progress on this? I'm dealing with the same issues. In order to keep my projects organized I used referenced components (Within ... within...). I'd like to either be able to export as f3d (with referenced components) or have a means to break all links (in one action).

m.farys
Participant

Hello, I'm the next person asking for this, only 32 elements now, but will be more. 

sparkplug0002
Observer

I'm also asking for this, as I have 50 elements in my current construction that are linked, and therefore the entire assembly cannot be exported. 

danolson1
Contributor

I've got the same problem too. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report