Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back Button in McMaster Part Browser

Back Button in McMaster Part Browser

Hi everyone,

I frequently find myself browsing through the McMaster Carr catalog within the Insert > "Insert McMaster-Carr Component" feature of Fusion 360, and I think it would be very beneficial for a user's workflow to have a back button, or even a fully-featured navigation bar within the catalog browser. 

At the moment, if you take a wrong turn and want to go back, you either search in a way to take you upwards in the hierarchy, or close out and restart from the beginning

Thanks!

6 Comments
McSquizzy
Advocate

What is the Kudos requirement for New Ideas to be considered?

Onion7
Contributor

Yes, this frustrated me much at first but I discovered it can be done. I commonly use backspace to go back just like in a common web browser. The catch is that if you are viewing a specific part, the browser automatically places the cursor in the quantity  box and pressing backspace will do nothing. What you do is click anywhere in the browser window that is not a link - any empty area will do - and then press backspace and you will go back one navigation page. 

So, anytime that backspace fails to navigate me back one page, I simply click any empty space within the browser window and then press backspace and it works.

One essential timesaving tip is this; I hate it that the browser window always begins at the home page of Mcmaster-Carr and often would like to go to the last page I was at. This is very simple actually. All you have to do after opening the browser window is simply click any empty space within the browser window and then press backspace and it goes back to your previous part page (provided you haven't closed and re-opened Fusion). There are some hang-ups sometimes, but this works most of the time.

JamieGilchrist
Autodesk
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

if you right click anywhere in the McMaster-Carr window we provide backward and forward navigation.

batcrave
Contributor

Currently neither right-clicking nor backspace in the Insert Mcmaster-Carr Component window does anything at all - regardless of what element has focus at the time (although both behave as expected in the rest of Fusion). I don't know whether it's a bug or if this functionality got lost somewhere in the past two years, but it does make life difficult.

(if this is, in fact, a bug, then I could report it more easily if there were a convenient "Report Bug" option located by "Submit an Idea" in the help menu... hint, hint!)

Timmah450
Enthusiast

I just tried this right clicking and using back space in the Mcmaster web browser and it is not working. This is basic functionality that I think fusion needs. I have resorted to copy and pasting the part numbers when I am doing a deep Mcmaster search. The back button is a must. 

joarekKTNYW
Participant

Status = Unresolved

Can confirm. No apparent way to navigate back/forth. Said method above, right click does nothing. And thus the user experience is painful. Hope you can implement this correctly soon unless you need another 4 years, just saying 🙂   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report