Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Complete Fusion 360 Parameter Name Entry in Measurement Dialog

Auto Complete Fusion 360 Parameter Name Entry in Measurement Dialog

I normally setup a bunch of variable names to hold my common measurements and then need to apply particular named measurements to features.

At the moment there is no autocomplete in the Sketch Dimension dialog.  It would be great if you could use Tab / Space or some combination of CTRL+Space etc to get the dialog to autocomplete as much of the variable name as possible.

Something similar to the autocomplete on your typical linux command line interface.

Right now you need to remember exactly what the variable name was and type it out completely until you are lucky and get everything in black lettering to let you know you have it right, and when you have a lot of different variables, that is very difficult. 

Good luck with your product.  I think it is coming along really well and I look forward to seeing future revisions.

Regards

Craig.

5 Comments

Huge no-brainer.

Helmi74
Collaborator

Somehow also part of my idea here. Just linking it as this Forum doesn't do it by its own: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/improve-parametric-ui-ux/idi-p/571624...

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This is now part of our May 7 update!

Awesome / thanks Keqing et al !
CabbageCraig
Explorer
That is terrific news.

Thank you for listening to suggestions from the community.

Regards
Craig.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report