Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another reason to take the cloud out of the loop..

another reason to take the cloud out of the loop..

I've posted several of these on being endlessly annoyed by the inability to just pick one or more components and export them into a STEP file and the nuisance of having to go through the cloud for basic functionality that seems like it shouldn’t require it but just to lob another one out there, «save copy as» currently uploads to the cloud and then (maybe?) re-downloads so it’s not just polluting the dashboard with lots of nearly indistinguishable designs but it also slows things down quite a bit which can be very frustrating.

It'd be so great just to be able to have this stuff work in the local filesystem and slowly sync to cloud storage in the background rather than constantly getting in the user's way.

Capture d’écran 2014-12-27 à 10.58.48.png

4 Comments
3dRiffs
Explorer

Let me echo that, but go a bit further - I'm trying Fusion 360 as an alternative/replacement for SketchUp, but almost didn't even bother because of the cloud services.  I don't need them or want them - for a solo user they provide no value, security is always a concern, and they cause workflow problems (I'm almost always offline when I do my modeling).  I understand the DRM aspect to it - that's fine.  Even photoshop requires a connection once a month, but other than that, I can work completely disconnected without having to work around the cloud.  I'd love to see Fusion adopt a similar model.

lukepighetti
Advisor

I dislike the disadvantages of the cloud more than I like the advantages of it... that would be the short version of my take on the cloud as it related to Fusion. 🙂

loddie
Enthusiast

Please make offline the default mode.  Then, if we want to share designs or access on another computer, we can upload the most recent design.  These is essential for workflow.  As I'm a single user, the cloud just gets in my way and Fusion 360 is starting to not appear to be the solution I though it would be.

Other concerns regarding the cloud model:

-Design security.  My designs are my property and I would rather be responsible for protecting them on my computers.

-I've already lost a large Fusion 360 design I'm confident I did not delete.

-It is much to simple to accidentally delete a file in the cloud.  Once it is gone, it's gone.  Locally, I have time-machine so I have some protection.

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for idea - this is getting archived due to lack of votes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report