Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animate using joints

Animate using joints

While the animations tools are great for exploding components, I'd love to be able to make animations that demonstrate how a part is supposed to move (a folding desk, for example), and thus use joints in the animation workspace.

3 Comments
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Great feedback  @Anonymous ! We are already starting to investigate how to do this, so stay tuned for join support in the animations module in the future. In the meantime, you can manually simulate these kinds of animations in the Animations workspace by using the Transform tools and managing those actions on the timeline.

Best, 

Timera

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Just curious if there has been any movement on this since December 2014. I am working on a project where this would have come in really handy.

fourdimensionaldoors
Contributor

It may be helpful to take note of this:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/allow-joints-to-constrain-animations...

It seems intuitive that this would already be the case in animation, a bit of a no-brainier considering that the program already does this in other modes, it seems odd, even silly, that it is disabled in animation mode!  once I finished my model and set all the joints I found myself extremely disappointed that I could not adjust the model position without a whole lot of pain to position multiple parts individually into their various different positions [which took forever just for a single key frame] just to get to the first reference key frame and then of coarse since it doesn't handle the joints nothing moved properly [didn't follow conjoined joint movements] making animation mode just simply USELESS!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report