Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add User Parameters and Model Parameters to Drop Down Menu in Dimensions

Add User Parameters and Model Parameters to Drop Down Menu in Dimensions

A good quick feature to add that makes for better user experience and model development speed is to add model parameters and user parameters to the dimensions.  This is present in Inventor but not Fusion.  I use it a lot and miss it now that I am a Fudion 360 user.

5 Comments
TrippyLighting
Consultant

I remember someone posing an Idea to be able to create a parameter directly in the dimension dialog. Combining these two ideas would make this a very nice workflow.

lukepighetti
Advisor

Probably worth a bug report but since we're on the topic...

If you have parameters defined and you go to make a box and type in your parameters BEFORE it goes to the dialog inputs... it will pull in the value of the parameters but not maintain the link.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/5a7b7886-e15e-4d91-a29f-20b60a9bac6a

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

@dirktheeng,

We have implemented the ability to type in a parameter name and as you start typing a list of parameters (user and model) that start with that letter appear and can be selected.  Does this solve the intended workflow of your idea?

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 11.50.40 AM.png

Regards,

Mike Prom

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report